Not my typical Springsteen Rant with the Steelers Cardinals Superbowl

Not my typical Springsteen Rant with the Steelers Cardinals Superbowl

A comment in support of and inspired by this blogpost.
http://jerseymike.org/2009/01/springsteens-new-four-count/

I was sitting here on a Saturday Night after wondering just what to say about Springsteen getting snubbed for an Oscar nomination ...and in the course of surfing I ran across Jersey Mike who has a post that my wife will just love. She has been hinting at what a sell out Bruce seems to have become lately ... and I myself have been wondering about this for awhile.

He is almost sixty and putting out AlOT of PRODUCT. I have to say that the product is of high quality. For instance, his concerts are, if not as good as ever, at least far superior from what you'd expect at age 59. BUT .. it is right to point out the walmart release ofa special Walmart only Greatest hits is absurd. Jersey Mike has one of the best Bruce posts I have read ...from a diehard fan who has to admit the truth. With The Superbowl performance, and using Born To Run to promote the Superbowl (something he has never allowed before ...commercial adaptation of his music) along with some seemingly stolen riffs, and that Walmart release, its just sometimes seeming the Bruce Bucks are the thing for him.

I say this and still will be on the edge of my seat waiting for halftime on Sunday.

No comments: