Hold Your Wee for a Wii radio station contestant dies

A radio station contestant ... a mom trying to win a video game for her children died in Sacremento from water intoxication after trying to drink more water than any other contestant without going to the bathroom. I have been predicting this for years ... maybe not so much with radio contests ..which are wild enough , but also with reality show contestants, where, as a fan of these shows, I have witnessed dangerous behavior just being looked upon and photographed by the production staff ...on Survivor alone, I believe I could find at least a dozen instances that were shown, (gosh knows how many dont make it past editing) where contestants are very very much put in harms way. I am even a little surprised that there has yet to be a nationally televised reality show death. (I don't think the crocodile hunter, Steve Irwin, qualifies in this instance)

I don't know what it will take for their to be changes in both the thirst for ratings from the producers, as well as in combination, the common sense for their own well being from the contestants....but I believe ..without sounding too trite, that oine radio station contest death is too many ..and big changes will be observed sooner rather than later by radio stations and morning zoo stunts that will now be certainly held much more accountable after this tragedy.

http://www.sacbee.com/114/story/107596.html

No comments: