Neil Armstrong vs Shatner ... all I'm sayin



So I am flipping and watching the History Channel last night and the name of the show is "How William Shatner Changed The World." a show dealing with how Star Trek vision inspired much of what we see in the world today. Hand it to the HC for reeling me in .... but I throw in here that I speculate that 200 or 500 or 1000 years from now ... How will a real, not fictional space hero be remembered. I can almost hear the voice of a 2206 third grader upon learning that the first man to walk on the moon was Neil Armstrong, on July 20, 1969, asking if Armstrong must have been celebrated as a world hero and fabulously famous for all his remaining days. We know that is not true. Most don't give the guy a thought, and probably won't until his pre-packaged euology is given on network tv on the day he dies. It was one of the most amazing day ever on earth LANDING A MAN ON THE MOON!!!!....here is a site where people tell their stories about it. He's a quiet man from Ohio these days ...but he should be celebrated always and often.

No comments: